Advertise

 
Monday 3 October 2011

Cristiano Ronaldo aims to break La Liga goal record again

0 comments

Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo believes he can continue breaking scoring records in the Primera Division after picking up the Pichichi award for netting the most league goals in the Spanish top flight last term.

There is debate over the amount Ronaldo tucked away as Marca claim it is 41, while Spain’s Professional Football League (LFP) gave a deflected free-kick goal from last September against Real Sociedad to team-mate Pepe.

In any case, having picked up the trophy from Marca, the Portugal international intends to beat his own mark.

"In football nothing is impossible and every record can be broken," the Portuguese is quoted as saying by Marca.

"I hope to surpass the previous record, but I want to thank my team-mates for making it possible for me to win the trophy.

"We will see what happens in the future, you never know what may happen, but I could beat the record."

Ronaldo went on to talk about Real Madrid's 4-0 win over Espanyol on Sunday, in which he did not score, but set up two goals.

"I like helping my team-mates score, it is also part of my job. They pass to me and I pass to them. I always do my best for the team so we can win."

Ronaldo's goal haul in the league last season surpassed previous record-holders Telmo Zarra and Hugo Sanchez, who both amassed 38 goals in 30 and 35 league games, respectively.

The former Manchester United man is the only player in history to have scored 40 or more goals in a single Liga season.

Last term Barcelona's Lionel Messi scored 31 goals in 33 league matches for his team, with the two players tied on 53 strikes in all competitions.

Leave a Reply

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
 
Media Online © 2011. Blogger Template by Main-Blogger.com

Contact us if you have any question or anything else